Worth the Cost!
But what makes Lutheran Schools so special? Why are they worth the cost to a congregation? Why not just assimilate our kids into the other schools?
Here are just some of the reasons that Lutheran Schools are worth the cost.
- The most important job that parents have is raising their children in the Christian faith.
Parenting is hard, believe me I know. Lutheran Schools are there to help make it a little easier for the most important aspect of parenting.
- Jesus told us to make disciples by baptism and teaching.
- Jesus didn't send this disciples into the world until after He had trained them.
- God's Word is foundational, not supplementary.
- I get to spend so much more time with the kids, in the hallways, in chapel, and in confirmation class.
One of the pleasures of Lutheran Schools is that I get to know each and every one of the students and we are able to build a relationship of trust and love because of that time spent together. In confirmation class, we have more time so we can goof around a bit, dig deep into God's Word, and build on what was learned in a day to day way, which is far easier than remembering from week to week.
Perhaps the most important relationship, other than parents and family, that your child has in shaping his or her understanding of God is the pastor. Lutheran Schools give me the chance to show God's love and grace to children in a consistent way.
- There are members of St. Paul's who are in their mid to late 90's who still have Luther's Small Catechism memorized because they learned it by heart at St. Paul's Lutheran School.
- Children learn Christian music.
- Each week children get a chapel service.
This is far from a complete list, but gives a flavor of why Lutheran Schools are so important and more than worth the cost.