Priorities Determine Action

What you give priority in your life can be shown by the decisions you make and the actions you take.

This is obvious, even though we often try to deny it.  I don't give enough priority to exercise.  I know this because I don't exercise nearly enough.  I don't put a high priority on going to movies or even seeing movies.  You can tell that because I hardly ever do so.

But it is helpful to reflect upon our lives after considering the truth that what you value, what has priority in your life, can be determined by the decisions you make and the actions you take.

Why do I spend time with my family, even though there are a lot of other things I enjoy doing?  Because I value them.  I value my wife being happy and my children having a good relationship with me.

Reflecting on this will reveal those areas where your priorities are right and where they need to be changed.

Do I value time with God?  Does it show by my choices and actions?
Do I value my family?  Does it show by my actions?
What is the most important thing for me to impress upon my children?
    Sports?  Academics?  Fitting in?  Christ?  Do I show this to them by my choices and actions?

Of course you can add to the list of questions.
Socrates (that would be Socrates Johnson for you fans of Bill and Ted's excellent adventure) once said "The unexamined life is not worth living." Perhaps today is a good day for you to evaluate the choices and actions in your life and make some changes.


Oh, and now that we've got the elliptical machine upstairs where I can use it without hitting my head on the ceiling, I'm hoping to make using it a priority.  If I truly do make it a priority, the action will follow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus's Whip

20 Ideas for Holy Week

What are the Benefits of Receiving the Lord's Supper?